For many people a holiday means a week or two relaxing on a beach or beside a pool. But why idle all day on a sun lounger when you can be strolling through an alpine meadow, breathing in pure air, exploring glaciers, passing behind waterfalls or hopping over mountain streams? Walking, rambling, hiking, trekking . . . call it what you will . . . is surely one of the most addictive and rejuvenating holiday experiences.
Not only do you get the adrenalin buzz from the exercise, but you can also get off the beaten track to explore some of the world’s most spectacular and awe-inspiring scenery
Whether you choose to walk alone, with friends, or as part of an organised group, you need to have the right insurance in place to give you peace of mind and to cover any mishaps along the way. Don’t forget that trekking is often undertaken in remote areas where medical or other assistance is not always close at hand.
What could be a relatively minor complication in normal circumstances, such as a sprained ankle or fractured bone, could necessitate a helicopter rescue if such an accident occurs in mountainous or isolated terrain. Add the costs of any hospital treatment or if repatriation to the UK is medically necessary, makes it essential that you have suitable insurance to cover all of these eventualities.
Key benefits of our trekking insurance include:
- Worldwide cover for policies up to 24 months, depending on your age and where you intend to visit.
- Special discounts for long stay travel insurance for travel to Australia and/or New Zealand.
- Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses up to £10 million on Premier policy.
- Personal Liability up to £2 million on Premier policy.
- Unlimited return trips home, subject to conditions.
- No altitude limits with our extreme activity pack. (For trekking in Nepal the Nepal Trekking Pack add-on will need to be included. A 7,000m altitude limit is applied to this.)
- Cover if you wish to undertake light-value or volunteer work.
- Lots of adventure activities covered with our Activity Pack.
- Facility to arrange or extend Insurance when already travelling.