Already Travelling Insurance
It’s not uncommon for people to head off on their travels only to realise they are not insured after departure, or to find out once they are already overseas that their travel insurance is about to run out. But don’t fret, Big Cat can still provide you with suitable already travelling insurance cover even though you’re already travelling abroad, or we can extend your insurance to cover the remainder of your travels.
The easiest way to do this is to book this on our website, but there are certain conditions that must be met. Firstly, you must be a UK or EEA passport holder and normally resident in the UK or an EEA member state. Secondly the policy cannot cover incidents that have already happened prior to having taken out the insurance, and no claims can be accepted for 48 hours after the policy has been issued, although in the event of a serious injury in connection with an accident, medical emergency treatment claims requiring in-patient treatment and occurring within the first 48 hours can be accepted if they are witnessed and verified by an independent third party.
Our Insurers AXA, is a French multinational insurance firm headquartered in Paris that engages in global insurance, investment management, and other financial services and joined the top 3 global financial services brands in 2016. The AXA Group operates primarily in Western Europe, North America, the Asia Pacific region, and the Middle East, with presence also in Africa. AXA is a conglomerate of independently run businesses, operated according to the laws and regulations of many different countries.
Annual Multi-trip policies can not be purchased if you are already travelling.
Key benefits of Already Travelling Insurance include:
- Worldwide cover for policies up to 24 months, depending on your age and where you intend to visit.
- Special discounts for long stay travel insurance for travel to Australia and/or New Zealand.
- Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses up to £10 million on Premier policy.
- Personal Liability up to £2 million on Premier policy.
- Unlimited return trips home, subject to conditions.
- No requirement to have a pre-booked itinerary.
- Cover if you wish to undertake light-value or volunteer work.
- Lots of adventure activities covered with our Activity Pack.
- Facility to arrange or extend Insurance when already travelling.